Minutes - 2010
Club Meeting -- April 15, 2010
Members Present: Mary Ryther, Mike Jones, Tom Saudade, Rick Chandler,
Frank Mastriano, Tom Campbell, Mark Grosenbaugh, Cara O’Connor,
Ed Furtek, Amy Peterson, Carl Cavossa, Barbara Almeida, Jackie Ferrari,
Greg Lanoue, Renee Katziff, Chris LeBoeuf, Sam Pearsall
Early Season Observations
• Protest anything (ineligible players, referee conduct, etc) you
feel necessary while on the field at your game, because once you leave
the field you are not eligible to file a protest. For example, always
protest when there are only 2 refs and they are both using whistles. This
is only okay during high school soccer NOT travel soccer.
• Game Cancellations
- If a coach is not called, then the game will be played. DO NOT call
Mike Jones or Mary Ryther asking if the game is being called off, they
will inform you. Just because another team’s game was rained out
does not mean yours will be as well, and vice versa.
- If your game is cancelled, you must contact Mike Jones within 48 hours
of the cancelled game to reschedule, otherwise he will schedule the make-up
game for you. (firstname.lastname@example.org or 508-548-3353)
SCSL Report – Mike Jones, SCSL Director
• Do any referees want to ref at MTOC this June? Contact Mike Jones.
• MYSA chose to use a new software program, GotSoccer, but FSC is
not required to use it and has opted to stick with SportsPilot as its
• Friendship Tournaments:
- Barnstable (free): U9 Girls, and maybe U9 Boys
- Mariner: U10 Girls
- Swansea: U10 Boys
- Seekonk: U8 Boys
• Red & Yellow Cards
- Coaches should NOT give player cards to referees when red cards are
issued. Pease give them to Mike Jones.
- If players or coaches are issued any cards, they must be reported on
the SCSL website
• Sportsmanship & Running Up the Score
- If a team wins by a score of 7-0 or more on more than one occasion,
the league and sportsmanship committee will evaluate it and may ask to
speak to the coaches
- Talk with your players about ways to limit the scoring if necessary
and when to stop scoring in a lopsided game
• FSC may be getting money back from the league
Registration Totals – Rick Chandler, Registrar/Webmaster
• Record-breaking totals!
• 383 registered players and 55 registered adults/coaches
• Reminder: All adults and coaches working with the kids MUST fill
out the CORI/Kidsafe form on the FSC website under Coach Info, Forms.
Treasurer’s Report – Barbara Almeida, Treasurer
• As of March 17 the FSC account had $18,701, maybe $1,000 more
• Barbara is working on putting a list together of players who still
owe money for registration so the coaches can “chase” the
SportsPilot Email Problem/Troubleshooting – Tom Campbell
• When using SportsPilot to send emails, not all intended recipients
are receiving them. Tom is looking into this issue and trying to stop
the emails from being trapped by spam blockers.
MPS Spring Training Proposal
• April through June, 2010: MPS to provide one home game observation
per team followed by a 90-minute training session to be scheduled with
individual club coaches
• Fee: $3,000 (50% due at signing the contract, 50% upon completion)
• The club voted and agreed to sign the contract and begin the spring
training with MPS
Possible Future Projects
• Coaches Manual to be edited and updated (Tom Saudade, Sam Pearsall,
• New Coaches Manual to be composed (Chris Leboeuf, Sam Pearsall,
- New Coaches Clinic/Orientation (Ed Furtek, Greg Lanoue?, others?)
• Facility Upgrade at Trotting Park
- Entranceway, gate, lightning shelter, etc
- Looking head—Carl Cavossa: Look for town-owned parcel to use for
just soccer to propose to Board of Selectman with written letter and plan
(Need a committee for this)
• Lawrence School Sports—what can FSC do?
• Boston Breakers & New England Revolution
- Tom Campbell to organize trip to Breakers game
- Work with Rec Dept to organize trip to Revs and Breakers?
- If enough teams sign up and buy tix, we could get a bus
• History of FSC—Ed Furtek will compile and write up
Spring Clean Up: April 24 – May 1
FSC will clean up Trotting Park and the access road as part of the town-wide
clean up effort
Tim Wakefield Presentation
A presentation/discussion led by FHS Athletic Trainer/Physical Therapist
Tim Wakefield on proper conditioning, warm-ups, healthy choices, etc.
will be held soon. Details TBA.
New Refund Policy for Next Season
A policy is being drafted by club officers.